Qiological Community

Rhythm and Motion

I was struck during the class about how it’s possible to tap on yourself and see what that feels like, but when you add the metronome and tap in rhythm it really does create a sense of calm and coherence.

Anyone notice this?

1 Like

Yes! I’ve been experimenting with that on myself the past few days… I use a variation of touch & sensate focus practices with clients to help them connect deeply with their felt sense…ie; noticing how the arm receiving different types of touch feels…more enlivened, awake, relaxed, heavy, etc… Incorporating the specific BPM’S is really adding another level of awareness into this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had more than a few patients comment the rhythmic aspect of the treatment. They just plain like it. And I’ve found that trigger points can melt away under the influence of those draining techniques. It’s fun and effective. And it seems to somehow slip beneath the usual “guarding” that many people carry in their physiology.

1 Like

Glad this forum is here. Yes, I think it’s amazing how fast those knots melt to the beat!

1 Like